International Dot Day Project

Four Classes Making Their Mark

Can you complete our ‘What happens next’ Dot Day stories?

Mrs Beal’s Grade 3 class in Cape Town has been having such a lot of fun preparing for International Dot Day. If you take a peek you will see that one of the activities on this blog is Connect the Dot stories. My class has done a variation of this activity and we have called it ‘What happens next?’

This is how we went about the lesson.

• We all listened to Peter Reynolds reading the DOT STORY  (we, unfortunately, do not have the book yet). As we listened to the story we wrote, on a piece of paper, some of the words that had caught our attention during the reading of the story.
  • After that we chose 3 or 4 of our words, plus we added 2 random words that were not in the story, and we swapped papers.
  • Whoever received the new set of words needed to write a story using those words. The story needed to end with ‘What happens next’.
  • We did this lesson using a collaborative Google slides presentation. We used two slides from the Slides Carnival free template, Eglamour, because the template contained two lovely dot slides.

We had fun reading each other’s stories. However we would like to ask you to add to the stories! If you would like to help us in this way, just add the name of the story in the comment box along with another few sentences showing what happens next. We would love that!

Here are our stories:

Can you add an ending to any of our stories?

12 Comments

1. Scarlett and Arabella

September 12, 2018 at 2:57 pm

Dear Chepie,

Here is my story…

He did it. They put it in the gold frames. They were amazing.

From Scarlett and Arabella
    Australia

2. Dear Thodil,

He will keep drawing dots. He will also draw a giraffe on the wall.

From Jude and Ayden
    Australia

3. Dear Triric,

Thank you for your great story. I love ponies!

Here’s our story….

Next the pony went for a walk and saw a boy. The boy rode the pony. They went to the ice cream shop and had a great time.

From Jack and Spencer
    Australia

4. Dear Duswoo,

We liked your story. Now we will continue it…

Then he said, welcome. He moved seven golden brushes at his art show. As he sat on his chair, he drew seven words describing a zoo. He kept on drawing for the rest of his life.

From Sam and Rupert
    Australia

5. Dear Haychi,

Thanks for your story. Now we will continue it….

“Am I better than my uncle doctor?”
    “You should smile, boy. You are the best at squiggles with a splash of colour.”

From Evie and Ruby
    Australia

6. Hi Mikdik,

I will finish your story….

Then she drew a bigger dot. The little girl drew another big dot. Then she became an artist. Then she read a book about a puppy, Then she drew a puppy on her piece of paper. Then she become an artist!

From Amelia and Josie
    Australia

Skip to toolbar